New To Sugar Waxing? Claim Your FREE Kit
Why Strip Sugaring?
Traditional Waxing Versus Strip Sugaring - Pros & Cons
The term ‘Sugaring’ has long been traditionally associated with hair removal as an ancient practice and still extensively practised in the Middle East, Africa and India. However, the technique of flicking the sugar paste needs to be mastered with additional training.
Strip sugaring is a way forward to introduce alongside with general waxing technique. The application is same as waxing, applied warm and removed with the strip.
The application is suitable to all parts of the body, full legs, bikini, underarms and face.
The product can be warmed in a wax warmer and applied at temps between 48-50 degrees. The consistency should like a runny honey. The full jar would be let to melt on a medium heat and then reduced to the lowest setting to keep it to a right consistency. It can also be warmed in a microwave. A full jar on medium power for 1.30 sec.
How does strip sugar work?
- The skin preparation is using a mild diluted shower gel (in a spray) to cleanse the skin from any moisturiser, oil or makeup.
- Wipe the skin dry
- Dusting with talc is essential as it would absorb any moisture from the skin
- A thin application will help with efficacy. May apply a large area but remove in small sections
- Place the strip, smooth it down, hold the skin taut flick the strip at a parallel angle to pull it.
- To remove any residue use a damp towel compress to wipe it down.
- Finish with any water based after treatment.
- Completely Water soluble will wipe any spillages (no need of solvents)
- Gentle on sensitive skin as it will pull the hair without causing trauma to the skin
- Alternative product those who have wax allergies
- Suitable as a vegan treatment
- Biodegradable as will dissolve instantly making it safe for the environment
- Application can be repeated
- Takes a while to master the temperature as warmers differ in settings
- The angle the strip is pulled as close to the skin to get the hair adhere to the product
- Application to be thin
- Skin preparation is vital, making sure it is free from oil, moisturiser and not damp